Android requires that all applications be digitally signed with a certificate before they are installed on a device or uploaded to the Google Play Store. Here's how you can build a signed bundle for your app.
- In the menu bar in Android Studio, click build > build > generate signed bundle/APK.
- In the dialog that pops up, select Android app bundle or APK and click next.
- Below the Key store path field, click Create new.
- Fill the required fields under Keystore as explained below:
- Key store path: Select the location/path where your keystore will be created.
- Password: create and confirm a strong & secure password for your keystore.
5. Fill the required fields under Key as explained below:
- Alias: enter an identifying name for your key.
- Password: create and confirm a strong & secure passowrd for your key, and make sure it's not the same password you've created for your keystore.
- Validity (years): set the amount of time in years for your key to remain valid, note that, your key should be valid for at least 25 years, so you can sign app updates with the same key through it's entire lifespan.
- Certificate: Enter the required information about you (or the team working on the app) to certify your ownership of this key and thereby your ownership of this signed bundle for your app, all the information entered won't be displayed in your app, but will be a part of the certificate as a part of the APK.
6. Click OK after making sure all the fields are filled correctly, then click next.
7. Select release and/or debug, click finish and wait till the process is finished.